Monday, November 25, 2013

Four games - 2 in Baltimore; 2 in Florida

Weeks 10-12: 2 games in Baltimore; 2 games in Florida
By Andy Lopusnak, AndysPictures.com
November 9-24, 2013

I've been slammed with work and games the past three weeks and haven’t had a chance to write up recaps for the Weeks ten through twelve. In these three weeks, I've covered four games and most importantly added a brand-new venue to my NFL time lapse collection.
Between two games in Baltimore, I did two games in Florida – one in Tampa and the other in Miami. First, I shot the Ravens’ overtime win over Cincinnati on November 10. The next day, I went back to my hometown for my first NFL game at Raymond James Stadium since 2004 when I photographed the Buccaneers’ first win of the season (over Miami). I then headed to Miami for the Dolphins’ win over San Diego. And finally, I headed back to Baltimore for another Ravens win this past Sunday. The home team won all four games.
BALTIMORE
With the addition of these two games, I've now done 19 games at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore (17 NFL and 2 college football), by far the most of any venue while I've worked for CBS. Thus, Charm City is one of my most photographed cities.

B&O RAILROAD MUSEUM
This hidden gem on the outskirts of downtown Baltimore has the world’s most significant collection of railroad treasures and the largest collection of 19th-century locomotives. Its houses in the old Mount Clare Station of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad. Admission is $16 and if you love trains; it’s well worth it. 

RAVENS 20, BENGALS 17 (OVERTIME)
The Ravens led 17-0 at halftime, but thanks to a 51-yard Andy Dalton to A.J. Green prayer as time expired forced overtime. In the extra stanza, Baltimore won it with a 46-yard field goal by Justin Tuck. For Green, it was his fifth straight game with 100+ receiving yards, which is a Cincinnati franchise record.

TAMPA
For me, my hometown is Cloud City. The clouds are insane, which makes photos just simple awesome. 

UNIVERSITY OF TAMPA
I focused on getting new shots of the minarets of the University of Tampa this time.

BUCCANEERS 22, DOLPHINS 19
The previously 0-8 Tampa Bay Buccaneers finally won thanks its defense that held the Miami Dolphins to a franchise record two rushing yards. Rookie QB Mike Glennon tossed a one-yard touchdown to offensive lineman Donald Penn in the win. The Dolphins haven’t won in Tampa since 1988.

RAYMOND JAMES STADIUM TIME LAPSE
Now, I need just five home stadiums to have time lapses in every NFL stadium since adding three of Raymond James Stadium. I set up my Canon 40D with the Sigma 10-22mm lens in the end zone behind the pirate ship, the 20D with Tamron 18-270mm in the corner and the GoPro Hero 3 in the high sideline. The five home teams I need are: Carolina, Cleveland, Jacksonville, New England and San Diego

I purchased a new website recently so you can log onto SportsTimeLapses.com to go directly to my YouTube page.

MIAMI
I haven’t had a chance to shoot Miami since 2010 because my last two times in South Florida have been on the tail end of a double dip; so I actually flew into Miami a day early to get some new shots. However, the weather was crappy on Friday. I did get a chance to shoot the new Marlins baseball stadium and a villa.


MARLINS PARK
I shot a few construction photos of this place when I was in Miami for the Super Bowl back in 2010. It was $10 for tour of MLB’s newest venue. I actually got a private tour since no one else was there when I took the tour. I’ve photographed either the interior or exterior of 27 of the 30 MLB teams (I also have two former stadiums – Tigers Stadium in Detroit and Olympic Stadium in Montreal). I need to get the Chicago White Sox, San Diego Padres and Toronto Blue Jays.

VILLA VIZCAYA
This is the former estate of businessman James Deering. Vizcaya was built from 1914-23 and originally was on 180 acres (now consists of 43). It's designed in the Mediterranean Revival Style. Vizcaya is sometimes called the Hearst Castle of the East. There's an awesome stone barge on Biscayne Bay outside the mansion and an immense gardens collection. Admission is $18. 
DOLPHINS 20, CHARGERS 16
San Diego hasn't won in Miami since the epic 1982 two overtime playoff win over the Dolphins and couldn't get it done this week. In the loss, Ryan Mathews ran for 127 yards. 

TWO MORE PRESIDENTIAL GRAVES
I flew into DC for the Ravens game so I could go to Arlington National Cemetery to add William Taft and the National Cathedral to add Woodrow Wilson to my presidential final burial places gallery. I know have 14 of the 38 possible grave sites.


RAVENS 19, JETS 3
Baltimore receiver/returner Jacoby Jones tallied 249 all-purpose yards, including a 66-yard TD catch as the Ravens scored the game’s final 19 points. The Ravens have won all three games I've covered this season. They are 2-6 in the other eight games. 





No comments:

Post a Comment